Monday, August 25, 2008

Growing Up (Too Fast)

Today was Michael's first day of preschool. I can't believe that he's already old enough to go to preschool. He's only three, but because of his feeding problems and texture issues, he was accepted to the preschool here at Bonneville High School. I could send him up to four days a week, but I think I'm just going to send him two. The school bus will pick him up right at our house, but today I brought him. I was worried that he wouldn't want to stay there without me. But he surprised me, as he usually does.

We got there and found out that a girl from our ward is going to be an aide in the classroom. He sort of knows her, so he was fine. He hung up his backpack in his little cubby and then went to play with the toys. He didn't even say goodbye to me until I told him to give me a hug. I think I needed the hug more than he did. Then the school bus brought him home. The aide on the bus said he liked school so much that he didn't want to leave - he cried when they put him on the bus. He had a great time today, and he really likes his teacher, Teacher Shell (her name is Rachelle, but that's too hard for some of the kids to say), and the aides, Teacher Jill and Teacher Jessica. He is so excited to go back to school on Thursday. I'm glad that he likes it so much, but honestly, a little part of me wishes he at least pretended to not want to go. I'm not sure I'm ready to let him grow up like that.

No comments: