Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Growing Up (Part Two)

So I'm 30 today. I'm not sure how I feel about that, except that I feel kind of old. I know I'm not, but it's hard to believe that I am officially completely out of my 20's. Now that I'm a 30-something, I feel like I'm entering an age where I have to be more concerned about life insurance, retirement savings, covering my gray hairs, and anti-wrinkle cream. What fun.

On a lighter note, for my birthday, Jeff let me sleep in. At least, that was the plan. Faith, however, had other ideas. She was up five or six times last night just screaming. She would wake out of a sound sleep screaming, and I don't know what was wrong. Maybe she just doesn't want an old mommy. Jeff said he wanted to do some kind of joke or something for my 30th birthday, but since his own 30th is coming up in 2 months, he thinks I'd get him back. I would.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Happy, happy birthday!! I sent you an email in response to yours. I hope you received it...
I can't believe we're as old as we are! It seems like yesterday we shared a tent together at Bear Lake!

Kris said...

Happy belated birthday! What is "sleeping in?" :) It was so good to see you guys on the 4th. We seriously should have a play date and catch up!