Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

  1. Government-funded vacations. Jeff has to go to New York City next week for a class, and since his airfare and hotel and meals are paid for, we decided that I'm going too. Yay!!! I'm really excited. We just have to pay for my airfare, and then whatever activities we want to do. The only thing we know for sure is that we're going to the Giants game Monday night. Jeff is so excited.
  2. Family who will take care of Michael. Mom agreed to take Michael next week while we're in New York. Thank you, thank you, thank you. There is no one I'd rather have him stay with.
  3. Dill pickles. Yummy. Need I say more?
  4. Uncle Jerry. Our car still isn't fixed - one of the spark plugs keeps misfiring. Jerry thought it was probably bad when Jeff bought it and put it in, so Jerry took one out of his own car and put it in mine so I could go home instead of waiting even longer at the shop for the part to arrive. Of course, I still had to pay for a new one so that he could drive home that night, but I figure it's a small price to pay to get two ornery children out of there and home so they could eat and take a nap.
  5. Pine trees. I was reminded while we were camping last weekend how beautiful pine trees can be - not when you have one pine tree in your yard that kills the grass and dumps needles all over the place - but rather, lots of pine trees together. Thanks again, everyone, for a great family campout.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go to New York! Beware, the humidity is pretty bad during the summer (when are you going, anyway?), but have fun! You will love it! It is seriously the only big city I would ever purposely choose to live in.

Mark and Emily said...

Cami,
These books are awesome! Are they only digital or can you get hard copies?