Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time Goes By

I think it was yesterday that Jeff asked me, "Did you do Thankful Thursday this week?" I realized that no, it was Saturday, and I had not done my Thursday work. The weeks just go by so fast that I don't seem to be able to keep up. So I'm sorry, but I'll try to do better. Check back next Thursday for the latest on that one.

Jeff and I had to speak in Church today. Our topic was "Living worthy of your calling." Our ward does the same topic for the whole month, so since this is the fifth Sunday, I'm pretty sure everyone was just about sick of hearing about that topic. But oh well, they got four more talks about it today. I think Jeff did a good job, even though he doesn't think he did. My talk was too short, but hey, I'd rather hear a short talk that gets to the point than a long one that never does. I don't mind speaking in Church, but I'm also really glad when I'm done. I was the first speaker today, so that was nice.

We have decided to put our house up for sale. Actually, we decided a long time ago that we would need a third bedroom on the main floor before we have another baby (see note below), and since Melissa and Terrance have bought a house and will be moving out of Grandma and Grandpa's basement, I figure we can sell ours and move in there until we find another house. Of course, I'll have to run that by Grandma and Grandpa first. We were thinking we'd wait until spring to put it up for sale, but now I think we're just going to get all these miscellaneous projects done that we need to, and put it up for sale when they're done. So it might still be spring, but it could be sooner. Yesterday Jeff started sanding the outsides of some of the windows and the porch railing that needs to be painted. My project was cleaning out the bugs and dirt and cobwebs from between our front windows. We have four large windows in our living room that face the street. They're single-pane glass, so the previous owners - instead of replacing those windows - put a second single-pane window in about 4 inches in front of the previous one. So technically I guess we have double-pane windows. But that 4-inch gap had collected all kinds of gunk, so yesterday we took off the outside windows, washed both sides of all of them and cleaned out the gap, and then replaced the windows. I must say, having clean windows makes a HUGE difference. I didn't even realize that they were so dirty until they were cleaned. I don't even want to close the blinds now. I like looking at those pretty clean windows. I also replaced the leaky tub faucet and re-caulked the tub and toilet in the upstairs bathroom.

Tomorrow I plan to put a bi-fold door on a closet and finish installing the trim in the kitchen and touching up the paint on all of it. Hopefully Jeff will be able to finish painting what he needs to do tomorrow. The next projects include finishing a landscape rock wall and removing the wallpaper in our bedroom and painting those walls, and replacing that trim. Those are the biggest projects we have, and once they're done, it will just be small minor things to make everything look nicer - mostly clean-up stuff. I honestly don't know where we'll buy our next home, but I do know that it will work out.

NOTE: We are NOT expecting a baby at this time. We are not even trying right now. But we are planning to have more, and we are looking ahead to that time. Just had to clarify that.

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

I totally know what you mean about having a house with projects! It's too bad, however, that most people (myself included) only seem to finish the projects up for someone else! I hope you got my email :) (and I hope to hear from you soon)