Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A belated apology

My most astute readers will notice a small change to my Bucket List. I have now officially apologized to Ron Proctor for kicking his shins.

Ron Proctor was a kid in my sixth-grade class. I don't know why, but I used to go up to him and kick his shins for no reason. I was a real brat to him, and I've always felt bad about it. Well, Jeff, reading my blog and seeing the name there, searched for him online. Turns out, he is now a production something-or-other at the Ott Planetarium at WSU, and his e-mail address is listed on the website. So I sent an e-mail to "Ron Proctor the Shinless" (as Jeff calls him) and apologized. No, I did not call him "Ron Proctor the Shinless" in the e-mail. I'm sure he'll think it's totally out of the blue, and probably (hopefully) won't even remember who I am. But at least that's one thing off my bucket list that I've accomplished.

Oh, and I've learned that Tide with Bleach is very effective at keeping the whites white. Still working on some of those other stain issues, though.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

And since I solved an issue on Cami's bucket list without any inconvenience to her except an email, it's only fair that she pays for our trip to Portugal / Brazil, without any incovenience to me except an email.

RiLe said...

Keep that up Jeff, and you'll be shinless.

Jeff said...

I'm already on her shin list.

Connie said...

I would like to know the response you got from Ron. He probably has wondered all these years where he got all those dents in his shins.

Jeff and Riley you are the funniest.

Elissa said...

The funny thing was when I first saw that on your bucket list, I thought, for some reason I think I know who Ron Proctor is. But I thought it couldn't be the same person. But I guess it was. He was a TA in my astronomy class at WSU 4 years ago. Don't ask me why I remember his name.

Rachel said...

I love it.

Hollie said...

So Elissa, did he walk with a limp? haha, just kidding. This cracks me up! Good for you for making ammends.