Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jeff's birthday

We really didn't do much for Jeff's birthday this year. We had planned to go to the zoo with his family, but his sister's family had to back out. Michael had received an invitation to a birthday party, and I was invited to my cousin's bridal shower, so we just bagged the zoo and decided to go this coming Wednesday when Jeff is off for Veterans Day.

Michael had a great time at the birthday party. They had rented one of those bounce houses, and he LOVES jumping, so he thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I went to the shower at my Uncle Sheldon and Aunt Vicki's home. I had a really nice time, and I'm glad I went. It was fun to see Bonnie and Jenny (wives of my cousins), and Judie and Linda (aunts), and of course Sheldon, Vicki, Shelley, and Sarah. It was a good experience for me, and in a weird way that I can't explain, it gave me a better appreciation for my extended family.

After the shower and party, Jodi took the kids while Jeff and I went to dinner at Applebee's. Then it was off to Jodi's house to pick up the kids and head home in time for me to go to work at the gym.

I had a good day. I hope Jeff did, too.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!
So are you still planning on working at the gym after the baby? I feel so bad about not being there. I feel like such a flake, there has just been so much going on. I spoke to Earlene a couple of weeks ago and told her that if she still wants me I'd still like to do it. She said yes, but I'm going to wait until after the baby.

Cami said...

I am planning to go back after the baby is born - and I know Earlene is happy to have you come back. She mentioned it last Saturday and the Saturday before that.

Rachel said...

I'm glad Michael had fun at the party. They were pretty cute all playing and bouncing forever. Thanks for having him come and for the gift. She loved it :)