Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Movin' on up

Remember that old show The Jeffersons? I only remember the two main characters, and I remember the theme song. Movin' on up.... to the east side. The song has been stuck in my head for a couple of days.

Faith has "moved up" into a regular bed. For three nights now, she has slept and napped in the bottom bunk of Michael's bed. It's been interesting. When Michael moved into a twin, it took him about eight months to figure out that he could actually get out of it by himself. That was nice, because even when he woke up in the morning, he would stay in bed until I went and got him up.

Faith, on the other hand, lasts about 20 seconds in the bed before she is crawling out and coming to find us. I've had to lie down with her every time until she falls asleep. But I don't mind - I almost doze off myself, so it's a nice rest. Hopefully, though, she will soon start staying in bed without me there.

In other "moving up" news, we purchased a minivan yesterday. It's a 2005 Toyota Sienna. Jeff doesn't consider this a move up. He didn't want a minivan. But looking at how much it costs to insure an SUV, this was a better choice. (His truck, which is a 1999, is more expensive to insure than the minivan. Our 2002 car is also more expensive to insure, although not much.) It also has more room to grow while keeping the cargo space, which the SUV we considered really doesn't. Anyway, we are picking it up from the dealership today on our way back from Provo.

And why are we going to Provo? Jeff's grandpa died Friday morning, and the funeral is today. It was originally scheduled for yesterday, so I arranged to have the day off work and everything, but then it was changed to today. So the extra day off work was unnecessary, but it was still nice to have a little time to finish some projects and buy a minivan.

Projects. I have too many of them. I counted the projects that I MUST get finished before this baby is born, and yesterday I had 12. With the extra day off, though, I got four of those finished, so we're down to eight. But the remaining ones are going to take a LOT longer.

And just added to my list of things to do - sell our car. We didn't trade it in, because we owe just a little more on it than the trade-in value. So .....

FOR SALE:
2002 Chevrolet Malibu
79,000 miles
clean title, no known problems
asking $3500

If you know anyone who would be interested, send them my way!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad Faith is "movin on up" so well. Congratulations on the minivan.
My heart goes out to Jeff. I never had any grandparents, so I'm sure that the loss of his last one? is hard to take. Love, MOM

Rachel said...

sorry to hear about jeff's grandpa. :( -We love our nerdy van. I am so glad we went that route even though we tried to resist it.