Monday, November 30, 2009

Cami, 1; Puke Stains, 0

HA!!! After three days of working on it, I got the puke stains out of our baby clothes. I now feel like an accomplished housewife. Nevermind that the kitchen needs to be swept and mopped, the basement family room is a disaster of kids' toys, and my bed is not made (rarely is, unless someone is coming to see the house). Those stains are gone!

First I pre-treated them with a diluted mixture of ammonia and liquid laundry detergent. I let that soak overnight. The stains were lighter, but definitely still there. (A lady I used to know swore by that formula, and said it took puke stains out of her stored clothes, but maybe she had some other trick that she didn't share.) So then I soaked them overnight in oxi-clean and the hottest water I could get out of my faucet. Again, they were lighter, but still there.

So here's the secret weapon: I soaked them overnight with Tide with Bleach, then ran a spin cycle. The spots were almost invisible after that. So I soaked them overnight again with the Tide with Bleach, and ran another spin cycle. Then I washed them, with Tide with Bleach, and they are now all beautiful and clean.

I'm so proud. And grateful for the soak cycle on my new washer, so I didn't have to sit and listen for the washer to fill, then run in and turn it off.

3 comments:

sevenpennys said...

That's so exciting! Yay!!! Good luck tomorrow!! I hope that everything goes well and that you and Lauren are super healthy and happy tomorrow!!!

McBride Family said...

good luck today - i hope everything goes smoothly! i can't wait to hear details. i will be great with payroll and can do it until you come back!

Elissa said...

Well I am impressed. Good luck today--hope everything goes well!