Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lauren Ann Sabin

Lauren was born at 7:42 am this morning. It was very strange to have a scheduled C-section. We went in at 5:30 to do all the lab work and finish the registration process. The worst part of the day was getting the IV. It took four people and seven pokes to get it in. Here is my bruise from one of the pokes (not very in focus, but you get the idea).

Yeah, that was not fun. But the rest of the process was fine. The surgery went well - no trauma or drama like there was with Faith. Lauren weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces, and was 19 1/2 inches long. She screamed for about 10 minutes when the doctor pulled her out. She was not happy to be yanked from her warm world into the ice-cold operating room. (It was FREEZING in there.)

At first I didn't think she looked like either Michael or Faith. Just kind of a mix, I guess. Actually, I thought she looked like a little old man. But now that she's a few hours old (all of 15 hours now), and some of the puffiness has gone down, I think she looks quite a bit like Faith. Or Michael. Okay, so I really can't decide.

Just a couple more:


I'm feeling really good. I've been up and walked around a couple of times, and I don't really have much pain. I'm told, though, that the pain meds that they added to the spinal will wear off in the morning. So we'll see how I feel then. But now, it's time to sleep.

10 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow, you are on top of things; already posting pictures! Congratulations, she is adorable. I'm so glad everything went so well (other than the bruise...OUCH!).

Nate said...

A big Congratulations! We're glad (nearly) everything went well!

Malinda said...

I don't really know your kids in real life, but from the pictures I would say she looks just like Michael.

A big congratulations from our house to yours!

Malinda said...

I didn't realize that "Nate" from comment 2 was my Nate. I guess we are send two big congratulations. :)

aje said...

Congratulations again! She really is adorable. I also think she looks more like Michael - esp in the mouth area.

Glad to hear things went well!

McBride Family said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and you look great!

RiLe said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I'm glad to hear everything went well. I thought my 2nd C-section was much easier than the first.

julanders said...

I'm a little late, but congratulations! Such a sweet girl, I'm sure it's so good to have her here! If you need anything feel free to call me. I'll take your other kiddos if you need. Anything to help. I can't imagine having C-sections and other kids to take care of!

Mark and Emily said...

Geesh! You are a better c-section patient than I was! I didn't walk until the next day, at that was only because the catheter was removed!
Congrats on a healthy delivery and beautiful baby girl!