Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Unmotivated...

I wandered around the house today and realized that I have a LOT to catch up on. The dishwasher needed to be unloaded; the sink was full of dirty dishes; there is laundry to be folded; the bathrooms are dirty (one of my biggest pet peeves); the kitchen needs to be swept and mopped; the table needs to be wiped off; the carpets need to be vacuumed; and on and on. But then I went to take a nap instead of doing any of it. And after my nap I wrapped some Christmas presents.

I'd better get off my duff, though, because we have to clean the house before the weekend, when all of my family will be here for our Christmas activity. And I have to bake a wedding cake tomorrow and decorate it on Thursday and deliver it on Friday.

Just one more thing - why am I so cold all the time? I can't get warm for anything. I wear my jacket all the time, and turn the heat way up, and I still am constantly freezing. The only thing I can think is that I'm not getting enough calories, with breastfeeding and all. But I also don't have any desire to eat. I'm hungry, but I can't find anything that sounds good, except water, which has no calories at all. It's like being pregnant all over again. Except at least this time, my belly is getting smaller instead of larger.

On another note, Lauren had her two-week appointment today. She weighs 7 pounds 4 1/2 ounces, and is 21 inches long. She grew an inch and a half in two weeks! The doctor said she looks great. She's a pretty mellow baby, for which I am very grateful. She doesn't cry much unless she thinks I'm starving her. She's good-natured and generally content. She's starting to focus on people's faces, and she tries really hard to hold her head up by herself. I still think she looks like a little old man, just like Michael did. Honestly, she doesn't even look like a girl to me unless she has a bow or headband on her head. She's cute, just not very feminine-looking yet. Of course, that's probably because she looks so much like Michael.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Wow, that first paragraph sounds just like me yesterday. Too bad I don't have a good excuse like having a newborn. I'm just lazy. :) I'm impressed that you are hosting parties and making wedding cakes with a two week old baby. Wow!

John and Sherri said...

I say WOW too! I'm more unmotivated than you and I don't have a newborn and a recovering c-section! CONGRATS on the baby (a little late, but I thought I added you blog to my list and hadn't). I love your blog- you are inspiring. I cried as I read about your Tori- I was seriously engulfed in your blog for 45mins with tears streaming, my kids were wondering. I work in the NICU and I see that sometimes- I sorry for you and yet inspired by your strength and faith. Thank you- it's been good to see you a few time- glad to keep in touch. More to come:)