Monday, December 14, 2009

On My Own

I thought Jeff was going to work from home for another week. It has been nice having him here. Actually, it's been hard, because while he's working, I have to keep the kids upstairs, where there are no toys, no TV, no Daddy. So the kids have been a little temperamental, and I've been a little anxious to have the basement back. But still, I didn't think I'd be on my own with three kids for another week.

But I was wrong. I must have misunderstood. Today Jeff went to work and I had no choice but to go to work as well, being caretaker of three. In all honesty, it went pretty well. All the kids were fed and dressed by nine or so. I took a shower, and we left at 10:00 to do the grocery shopping. Three kids at the grocery store was an adventure, but we survived and managed to get home and put the groceries away in time for Michael to eat lunch and catch the school bus. By this time, I SOOOO wanted a nap. But I had to go into work today for our monthly front desk meeting (and annual Christmas gift exchange), and I hadn't prepared yet. So I spent Faith's nap time getting ready for the meeting.

And now it's 10 pm, and the kids have been in bed for an hour and a half. I took a trip to Michael's by myself after they went to bed to pick up some things for this weekend (making a wedding cake, and having a family Christmas party), and I am exhausted and want to go to bed myself, but I also really enjoy having some time without them. And I have a lot of Christmas presents to wrap. What to do?

I think sleep is going to win.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I;m so sorry Cami. I hope you feel ok. Please don't overdo it. I know that will be hard to do with 3 children. Love you.

Rachel said...

I can barely keep up with only my 2 kids. 3 seems overwhelming. Good luck. You are doing better than I would, I'm sure.

Mark and Emily said...

Unbelievable. You are superwoman, my new role model. I don't think I took Jake out of the house for close to a month, and it literally took me 8 weeks to heal from the c-section.
I am in A.W.E.