Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Faith loves bananas. But she won't eat one unless SHE holds it. And it has to be in the peel. You can't peel it and put it on her tray. Nope. Won't eat it. I think my mom must have given her a banana in the peel while the kids were in Delta. Ever since she came back, it has been the ONLY way to eat one.
Here's Michael holding Lauren. He was very excited to meet her when my mom brought him and Faith back from Delta. He is a good big brother.
Faith has done really well with Lauren around. I was worried about her. But she's very sweet to Lauren - calls her "baby," pats her head or belly, tries to give her a binkie when she cries. It's cute. But I can also tell that it's hard on Faith to have to share the attention. She's been a little more whiney than normal, and she just needs some extra attention.

With another child, I had to find another Christmas stocking. Michael and Faith had matching ones, but I couldn't find another one that matched those for Lauren. So I decided to copy the ones Jeff and I have and make a new one for each kid, so the whole family would have matching stockings.

Here are the originals, which I bought at Fred Meyer ages ago for Jeff and me:And here's my version for the kids:This was a fun project - and really easy. And the best part is, when we have kids in the future, I can just make another one to match. Aren't snowmen cute? I like snowman Christmas decor so much better than Santa decor.

7 comments:

Shelbee said...

Those stockings are so cute, Cami. What a great idea! Someday I might have to copy you, but I don't think that will happen this christmas.

sevenpennys said...

cute!! And I'm glad Michael and Faith are doing well with Lauren. Faith will probably get less whiney as time goes by and she gets more used to Lauren. I wonder about Keely when our next one gets here....oh well. I'm glad everything's going well!!

aje said...

Oh, I so agree with you on the Snowmen vs. Santa thing! And I absolutely love the kids' stockings! They turned out so well. You'll have to teach me someday - I would love to do that in my (future) home...we grew up with personalized stockings like this & I would love to carry on the tradition!!!

Malinda said...

I LOVE the stockings! You are a multi-talented girl!

Connie said...

The stockings you made are much cuter than the originals. You may have to make some for yourself. Yes, Faith had the banana here in the peel, just like Matthew and Abby have theirs. I miss your kids. They were fun to have around. I'm glad that Faith and Michael love Lauren so much. She is a sweet baby.

April said...

how are you doing Cami? I have been thinking about you a lot. I was going to come see you in the hospital but I got really sick- like sore throat runny nose cough sick- so I am sure you wouldn't want me around but I have been meaning to come and see the little one. I love the name Lauren.

Are you healing nicely? How is breastfeeding???


You for sure have your hands full my friend.

Mark and Emily said...

Please tell me you made these stockings BEFORE you gave birth to Lauren...if not, no other woman I know holds a candle to your stamina! :)