Thursday, December 3, 2009

Visit from Grandpa

Today my dad came to visit. He had a lot going on at work, so he couldn't come up with my mom earlier this week. But work took him to North Salt Lake today, so he drove the extra 30 minutes to visit his newest grandbaby. Dad does NOT like to hold babies. But he held Lauren and said we should take a picture of the rare event. I tried, but the batteries in my camera were dead. So being the nice dad he is, he went and bought me some batteries and then held her again so we could get a picture.

He's such a good grandpa, and a great dad, and I'm really grateful for him.

Lauren is doing great. She pretty much eats and sleeps, like most babies. She's a good eater, which I'm very thankful for. She's already changed a lot in the last two days. I know I'm biased, but I think she's a very pretty girl. When she cries, though, her face wrinkles up and she looks like a very old, very small man. It's kind of ugly - but one of those "it's so ugly it's cute" looks. I can't wait to have photos taken (I'll be calling you, Whitnie!).

I'm doing pretty well. The pain is worse than I remember it being with Faith, but it could be that I just don't remember. I'm grateful for pain meds and ice packs. I am planning to go home tomorrow morning. It will be nice to have a change of scenery. You can only watch so much HGTV, and spend so much time on the computer. I'm looking forward to eating non-hospital food and sleeping in my own bed, and seeing Michael and Faith again. I've missed them.

5 comments:

Whitnie said...

YAY! I'll be waiting for the phone call.

Connie said...

Lauren is a pretty girl held by a handsome grandpa.

Lindsay said...

She is so darling Cami! Congratulations! She looks so tiny... Mylee was the same exact height and weight-They grow so fast! I love snuggling with those brand new babies =)

Elissa said...

what a good grandpa for holding her twice :). she is very cute! I hope your recovery is speedy!

Hollie said...

So cute! I love her light hair, my babies are always born with dark hair. My dad doesn't like holding babies either, it makes him nervous. I think Addison is the only one he held as a newborn.