Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

I don't have any photos to post, but I just wanted to write about our Halloween this year. It was a really nice day. I ended up having to work (which was not the nice part, but I did get to go home early, so it wasn't too bad). Later in the afternoon we got the kids ready to go to Richard and Anna's house so they could see Michael and Faith in their costumes. The plan was to go down there, spend a little time, then come back home and go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. Then I would go to work at the gym when the kids went to bed.

I think Michael must have been trick-or-treated out, though, because when it was time to leave Richard and Anna's house, he said he would rather stay there and play. We told him that if we stayed there, he wouldn't get to go trick-or-treating. He said that was fine, he wanted to stay. So we did, and I'm so glad. It was just so much better than getting more candy that he (and we) didn't need. The kids had a great time, ate dinner down there (Michael ate Anna's spaghetti), and played with Grandpa. And I didn't even feel bad about spending money on costumes that they didn't need that day, because both of them had already worn their costumes on three other days for different Halloween activities. I'm all for laid-back holidays.

No comments: