Sunday, November 1, 2009

BIIIIIIG news!!

So this won't be big to most of you. But to Jeff and me it is. I'm at work today, and I got an awesome phone call from Michael. He informed me that.....

"I think I like raisins."

WHAT? Raisins? He hasn't eaten a raisin since, well, ever. I'm not sure he's ever eaten a raisin. But he told me that there is now a little tiny piece of raisin in his belly. He licked it and bit off a tiny piece, and he chewed it with his teeth, and he thinks he likes them. And then, as always, he ended his phone call very quickly with "Love you, bye!"

So Jeff got on and told me that Michael had asked to give some raisins to Faith. When he came back from the closet, he was chewing something, and he said, "Daddy, I think I like raisins."

Yes, my boy just ate a tiny bite of raisin. And the best part is that he did it ALL BY HIMSELF. No one even suggested that he try it. It was totally his idea.

Funny how a tiny piece of a shriveled grape can make me so happy today.

4 comments:

aje said...

WooHoo! That's awesome news!

Connie said...

Wow, that's great. Prunes are next.

Lindsay said...

Yea for Michael! That's great! =)

-Also, that's great about the offer on your house. I hope it ends up working out! We know how frustrating all that can be.... I'm so tired of showing our house I could scream! But we will miss you guys if you do end up moving!

Elissa said...

Hoooorraaaay!!