Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

I say busy busy busy, but right now it's more like tired, tired, tired. Too tired to clean the bathroom. Too tired to prune the rosebushes. Too tired to update my blog. I had one blissful night of straight sleep. One. It was so nice. But the kids are once again waking up at night (mostly Faith), and I'm too tired to listen to her cry, so I feed her, and put her back to sleep, and thus fuel this awful cycle of her waking up at night. Honestly, the last time I remember being so chronically tired is when I was pregnant with her.

But don't get your hopes up, Dad - I'm NOT pregnant, and won't be anytime in the next few months, at least. I'm just tired. Maybe I need to start taking the iron supplement again. Or maybe I just need to sleep.

So what has kept me so busy? I've actually had an order from my etsy site (to see it, click here). Etsy is a site that sells handmade articles, and I listed name doilies and crocheted dresses on it. So I made a name doily, crocheted a dress, and made another name doily for Grandma to give to her friend. My Primary presidency was reorganized, so I've been updating all of our Primary lists and such to give to my new counselors, and I've been figuring out the last details of our program in two weeks. I will be SO glad when it's over.

I did a wedding cake with Callie, had un-Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family, and a Columbus Day / birthday party for Jeff's dad with the Sabin family. I also worked a couple extra shifts so my day person could take a vacation. Thanks, Callie, for watching my kids, and Jeff for being so good and taking them the other days.

I've started babysitting Melissa's boys on days when Terrance has to work. She lost her daycare spot because now that Terrance is laid off, she doesn't take Hunter and Walker to daycare everyday anymore, and Theresa (the daycare lady) told her that since she is depending on that income, and since she has a waiting list, Melissa needs to either pay for daycare even when her boys aren't there, or she needs to find another provider. So Melissa called me, and I've been taking them. So far I've had them twice. They are so much fun, and I've enjoyed having them. But four kids is CRAZY. So for any of you doing your family planning, don't plan on having 3-year-old twins, an 18-month old, and an 8-month-old. You'll go bonkers. You'll have fun, but you'll go bonkers. Especially if you don't have a vehicle that can transport all four of them, and you have to stay home and find activities for them. Of course, if I did have a vehicle to transport all of them, I'd probably still stay home, because where do you take four little kids without going bonkers?

Tomorrow I promise to post photos of the wedding cake Callie and I did on Saturday. Of course, tomorrow I'm also going to a craft fair, and going to a Halloween activity with Jeff's family, and taking the kids for a while so Jeff can do some work outside. So no guarantees. It might be Sunday before I post the photos.

***************
I have to write just a note here about my friend April. Her mother died yesterday of brain cancer, and even though I never met her mother, I love April and my heart is aching for her. If any of you want to read a truly tender blog, click here. This is her blog, and for the last few months April has been sharing her experiences and thoughts through her blog. It is sometimes very sad, but it's also very uplifting. She has an amazing testimony. I don't want to go through what she's been through, but I do want to have her level of faith.

No comments: