Thursday, October 2, 2008

Confessions

I can't call this "Confessions of a mid-20's woman," because I no longer fit in that category. So let's just call it "confessions," okay?

1. I blog-stalk total strangers. There are two blogs that I have bookmarked, and I read every new post, even though I've never met the authors. They are personal blogs about these people's personal lives, but I find them fascinating. One of them is very inspirational and uplifting, and the other is just a very well written, usually humorous, entertaining blog.

2. When I get a new hobby or interest, I have to have EVERY supply for it. Like when I started to crochet, I bought every size and style of crochet hook. There are some that I've never used, but at least I know I have them if I ever decide to do a project that calls for them.

3. I am very orderly about the way I eat my food. I eat all of one thing (usually my least favorite thing on the plate), then all of the next thing, then all of the next thing, etc., until I reach my favorite part of the meal. Last the best of all the game, right? If I have a handful of M&Ms or something like that, I eat all of one color, then all of the next color, then all of the next color, and so on.

4. I count stairs. I know how many steps are on every staircase that I regularly use, and a lot that I don't. If I went up to Weber State and walked around, I could probably still remember how many steps are in each section of the walkway.

5. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't quit working when Michael was born - would it have been SO bad to keep working? I just loved that job so much, and I really do miss it.

6. I have a secret crush on Peyton Manning. There, Jeff, it's true.

7. I don't like to ride in the car when someone else is driving. I have to have control. I'm good with either of my parents driving. That doesn't bother me. But if it's anyone else (even Jeff), I get really tense. I don't like to not be in control.

8. I don't have a lick of fashion sense, which is bad because Jeff is color-blind. Between the two of us, we don't have a clue what looks good.

9. I have a recurring dream about driving into Pineview Reservoir just above the dam, with Michael in the car. Every time I drive past the spot I dream about, I breathe a sigh of relief.

10. I love how Michael talks and sings all day long, but I also really love it when he stops and I can have pure silence for a couple of minutes.

11. I believe that Michael and Faith see things I don't. There have been times when I come into a room and ask Michael what he is doing, and he tells me he is talking to the kids. I ask where the kids are, and he points to a certain spot and tells me they were there. He can tell me how many and if they were boys or girls. Sometimes I like to think that Tori comes to visit them.

12. Now I am crying. And I am at work. This is not good.

13. I still don't know who I will vote for in this year's presidential race. To be honest, I'm not thrilled with either choice.

14. If you ramble when you are talking to me, chances are I will totally tune you out. Get to the point, already.

15. With that said, I'm done.

2 comments:

Rod said...

I believe Tori does come and visit.
There, I'm crying too.

Love Dad

Connie said...

OK, now we're all crying. I know children can see them. I have visitors that I can feel but I haven't seen. I also eat my food least favorite to the fav last, but I do like to mix my potatoe with my meat one bite at a time. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Peyton Manning, HM. That's funny. Who is Jeffs secret crush or is it still a secret? I love the blogs. Love, MOM