Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Wedding Cake

As promised, I am posting photos of the latest wedding cake. Can I just say, this one was the most challenging yet. I had been told that square cakes are harder to cover with fondant, so I was expecting a little more difficulty. But the square cakes were actually not any big deal. What WAS a big deal was that the weather got very cold the night before I did the fondant, and I could not for the life of me get it to roll out nicely. BWAH!!!!!!!! I rolled the fondant for the bottom cake out three times, and it still didn't work well.

There were some ghastly gaps and ridges in the finished product, which necessitated the addition of wide ribbon and creative positioning of the flowers to cover it. But I think the end result turned out very nice. The lady who it was for seemed to really like it, so I guess that's what really matters. Callie did the flowers, and did a GREAT job covering my mistakes.

I really like the square cakes, and I hope I get to do another one soon.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

What a beautiful cake! You are so talented!!

Connie said...

wow, that is really beautiful. Love, MOm