Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Moments like this one - Michael is at school, and Hunter, Walker, and Faith are all taking naps. Hmm. It's nice to be quiet once in a while.

2. Advance warning - I found out that a member of the Primary General Board is coming to visit our Primary on November 9. Now, I'm not particularly grateful that she's coming, but I am grateful that I know about it now instead of being surprised.

3. Fun cake ideas - I saw a fun spider cake in the newspaper, and then I saw the same thing in the grocery store. It was cute, so I made one for Jeff to take to work and some small ones for our neighbors.

4. Kids who like each other. Faith is big enough now that she doesn't really need her little bathtub. So the other day I gave both kids a bath together. Michael was really sweet and was helping me wash her back and belly. And Faith was so excited to be in the big tub with Michael. She was grinning and splashing at him. It was cute.

5. Fun times. A few days ago we went down to Jeff's parents house for a Halloween activity. We painted pumpkins and decorated sugar cookies. The bottom photo is Michael, showing off the cookies he smothered - I mean, decorated - with candy. The other plate has Jeff's cookies, which are almost as smothered. Jeff figured, since we were decorating cookies, he might as well put as much candy as he can fit on the ones he would be eating.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Love the spider cakes!

Callie Hansen said...

Those cakes are awesome and you are so stinkin talented. BTW, love the cookie decorating. You have talented children :).

I'm glad Faith is liking the bathtub with Michael.