Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hunter

So I've been watching Hunter and Walker when Terrance has to work. And I've found that Hunter is sometimes hard to understand. He can't say "F" or "S," and instead he makes a "W" sound. So he says, "Where's my wone?" for "Where's my phone?" Here are some examples that made me laugh, or think:

  • "I got applewauce on my wirt!" (applesauce on my shirt)
  • "I want to go outwide."
  • "Let me wee!"
  • "I want to watch Wewame Weet." (Sesame Street)
  • "I'm a big winner!!" (he really was saying winner on this one, although it made me think for a minute)

And just as an example of how well kids pick up on what we say, yesterday he told me, "Beanie lost her mind." Beanie is my grandma, his great-grandma.
I said, "Beanie lost her mind?"
"Yup, Beanie lost her mind."
"Where did you hear that?" (Thinking, who would say such a thing to him?)
"Beanie told me."

Jeff and I laughed about it at the time, and then today I asked Melissa where he'd heard that. She said that, yes, Beanie had indeed told him that she'd lost her mind. Not exactly what she'd want broadcasted to the rest of the world, though.

No comments: