Monday, October 20, 2008

Two Years

Today is Tori's birthday. It has been two years since she was born sleeping, and even though it is true that time heals, there are still moments when it hits me all over again, and I find myself in tears that are just as real and painful as when it happened. As horrible as that experience was, I'm not sure that I would change it. Is that a terrible thing to say? I just look at my life right now, and I know that if Tori were here, I wouldn't have Faith, at least not yet. And I can't imagine life without her. So no, I don't think I would change it. I guess I just trust that it was what needed to happen at that time. And I know that I will have Tori again. Some people have expressed to me that because she never breathed outside of the womb, that she was somehow not a "real person" or something to that effect. But I know that she was alive inside of me. I felt her movements and I bonded with her even when she was that small, and I feel very strongly that the life she had - even though it was only inside of me - was enough to fulfill God's purposes for her and for us. So Happy Birthday, to my own little angel.

4 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

Happy Birthday, Tori! I'm sure she's happy to be where she's at and waiting to see you again. I couldn't imagine life without Faith either. :) I love you.

aje said...

Oh Cami! I can tell you that Tori is aware of you, Jeff, Michael, and Faith. She loves all of you so much and can't wait until she will be with you again. I am sure that she will be there to meet each of you when the time is right--and it will be just a small moment away (long for us on this side of the veil.) Thank you so much for sharing your tender feelings--it is so nice to know that it is still ok to miss those dearly departed so many days after they leave. You are such an inspiration. Keep smiling! Tori would want you to be happy--for yourself and for her. Happy Birthday Little Angel!

Connie said...

We all look forward to that day when we can be with Tori again. I'm sure she is looking forward to it too. I know Gma Nelson is taking good care of her for you. She loves you and Tori sooooooooo much. You are truly blessed to have such an angel. Love, MOM

Rod said...

Happy Birthday Tori, I'll bet Gma Nelson is having to wait in line to get her turn at taking care of Tori.
Love Dad