Monday, October 27, 2008

Makes Me Laugh

Michael was hilarious this morning. We were watching the Curious George movie, and near the end, the man in the yellow hat tells George, "You brought adventure to my life." I'm sitting there, not really paying attention to the movie or to Michael, and I hear him say, "Michael brought adventure to your life." I wasn't sure I had heard him right, so I said, "What?" And he repeated, "I brought adventure to your life." Well, you're not kidding, kiddo. If he only knew how true that was.

Later, he was in his bedroom getting dressed. He started crying, and I asked what was wrong. He came into my room and said, crying, "I hurt my foot!" while holding up his left foot for me to see. I said, "You hurt your foot? Oh, no!" And he said, (with no whining or sadness in his voice at all, and now standing on his left foot and lifting up his right foot), "Not this foot." Then he again lifted up his left foot and with his whiny voice, said, "THIS foot." So I said, "I'm sorry you hurt your foot. What happened?" His answer? "It's okay. It happens," in his normal, non-whiny voice. Then he ran out and finished getting dressed.

And in Faith news, she finally cut her first tooth. It broke through yesterday morning. I'm glad she's finally started getting some teeth, but since I'm breastfeeding, I was just fine with her toothless, too.

No comments: